Thursday, October 29, 2009

Fabric Shopping!

I was at Fabricland last evening, sourcing out my next projects... The coat is almost done, just hems and buttons and hand stitching left. The fabric I found is amazing. They had a great sale of buy one, get two free, and I snagged a lovely brown poly blend suiting, 3 meters for $17, and some knit fabric, 3 meters for $15! The knit is a funky abstract print in taupy brown and mauve, and the pants fabric is a similar taupy brown. I also found 2 meters of remnant in a shimmery stretch knit, also a brown to match.

The suit fabric will be Anne Klein Vogue 2987 pants. Not sure if there will be enough for the Jacket too, if there is I will do that, otherwise a vest pattern to match will be found.
The print will be a dress and jacket combo from Burda 7580.

The slinky knit will be a drapey top.

I just love the planning of the projects. The fabric is wonderful and everything is mix and match, so the pants should work well with the knit jacket!

No comments:

Post a Comment